I would be very surprised if this is not the most indicative shot ever taken of the Australian summer. To rattle off the icons we have (in no particular order):
1. The hills hoist washing line- an Australian invention arising from the abundance of space in almost every suburban back yard.
2. The blow up swimming pool- required to cool off in the sweltering 30 degree plus afternoon heat (that’s Celsius my friends)
3. Uncle Chad in the pool.
4. Uncle Chad having a couple too many beers in the pool.
5. Uncle Chad spraying young Noah with the hose in an effort to reduce the little fellow’s core temperature to a safe level.
6. Eucalyptus and wattle trees in the background.
7. Thongs in the foreground. (This is what Australians call flip flops, the rubber sandals with the bare minimum of strap to sole ratio. People from new Zealand call them jandels.)
8. In the left of the shot we see the asbestos panelling once ubiquitous as a building material and now infamous for causing a terrible form of lung cancer. There was so much of it used in Australia back in the day that the shit is still all through residential properties even though it’s been illegal and unavailable for about 30 years.
9. The back yard cubby made from coppers logs. Erected by drunk Samuel (Noah’s dad) and drunk Uncle Chad. And just out of shot:
10. BBQ cooking snags (sausages)
11. Esky (cooler) full of ice and cold beers for drunk Samuel, drunk Uncle Chad and drunk yours truly.
Needless to say, this was a particularly fun afternoon and the food (mainly thanks to Alison the great entertainer and no thanks to drunk yours truly) was absolutely delicious.
get this cool as shit album
recent blah blah bullshiiiit
search all the bullshiiit